Subject: [linux-audio-announce] Sweep 0.5.11 Released
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_vergenet.net)
Date: Thu Nov 28 2002 - 09:10:00 EET
Sweep 0.5.11 Development Release
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins. Inside lives a pesky little virtual stylus called
Scrubby who enjoys mixing around in your files.
This development release is available as a source tarball at:
NEW features in this release include:
* mixing and crossfading paste methods: copy a region from one file
and mix or fade it into another file or elsewhere in the same file,
with control of source and destination levels and phase.
* navigation shortcuts to move between selection edges: move the
cursor between the start and end of selection regions, and to the
next edge of a multi-region selection, with Ctrl + Arrow Left/Right
* view memories: assign the viewable area to a number on the numeric
keypad with Ctrl+<Num>, and zoom back to it later by pressing that
number. (NB. Num Lock must be on on your keyboard).
* support for Speex 1.0beta3 ultra-wideband mode (32kHz). Speex is
a high quality, patent-free and open source voice codec.
* support for full-file application of Secret Rabbit Code
Additionally, minor bugs were fixed affecting portability of system error
handling and detection of MP3 files.
Some interesting audio recordings of Scrubby are at:
Sweep is designed to be intuitive and to give you full control. It includes
almost everything you would expect in a sample editor, and then some:
* precise, vinyl like scrubbing
* looped, reverse, and pitch-controlled playback
* playback mixing of unlimited independent tracks
* looped and reverse recording
* multichannel and 32 bit floating point PCM file support
* support for Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and Speex compressed audio files
* LADSPA 1.1 effects support
* multiple views, discontinuous selections
* easy keybindings, mouse wheel zooming
* unlimited undo/redo with fully revertible edit history
* multithreaded background processing
* shaded peak/mean waveform rendering, multiple colour schemes
Sweep is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public License.
More information is available at:
Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
development of this project.
linux-audio-announce mailing list
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b28 : Thu Nov 28 2002 - 09:38:36 EET