[linux-audio-announce] jackEQ: dj eq and meter.

Subject: [linux-audio-announce] jackEQ: dj eq and meter.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Sep 15 2003 - 10:47:10 EEST

http://jackeq.sf.net. (only cvs, gtk+-2.0).

For those of you who are interested in DJ/CJ tools, tools for live
performance, and LADSPA plugin guis, you may be interested in a new app
we are creating based on the code from JAMin. It's called jackEQ. The
core is a new plugin Steve Harris released recently called DJ EQ which
is a three band EQ commonly found on dj mixing consoles. It's currently
only available in the swh-snapshots directory.

jackEQ is in its infancy but we now have 4 stereo (8 mono) i/o channels
with eq, meters and independant gain control. All channels are routed to
a master and monitor output or you can take them direct out too.

I would like it to be able to do all these things eventually:

2 x cross faders (all channels and combinations)
unlimited channels.
jack port connection ala freq tweak style
Beat counting support
controlled via keyboard or other dj console.

With the above I can now use my four channel (USB) card as a complete
djing tool. You could also use a two channel card in a similar (mono) way.

The monitor is assignable to seperate output channels than the master
outs for simple previewing of tracks. All the channels are routed
through it with a simple button press if needed. The eq's are adjusted
before the signal arrives at the monitor.

This is how I intend to use it:

mon ch1 ch2 ch3 ch4 echo
|-------|------------|---|---->internal---->ardour
out1&2 out3&4
              external--------->sound system

------------

I have been wanting this functionality for the past 4 years. Now I can
start mixing demos/albums from the comfort of home.

Big ups to Steve for providing the bulk of the knowledge base, the JAMin
crew for making the gui happen and the LADs for keeping it real with da
open source flavah.

If you don't know this you don't know JACK.

--

Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd. http://www.boosthardware.com http://www.djcj.org - The Linux Audio Users guide ========================================

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman