[linux-audio-announce] AGNULA joins the Linuxaudio.org Consortium

Subject: [linux-audio-announce] AGNULA joins the Linuxaudio.org Consortium
From: The AGNULA Team (info_AT_agnula.speech.kth.se)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 16:54:31 EET

| ______ ______ _ _ _ |
| /\ / _____) ___ \| | | | | /\ |
| / \ | / ___| | | | | | | | / \ |
| / /\ \| | (___) | | | | | | | / /\ \ |
| | |__| | \____/| | | | |___| | |_____| |__| | |
| |______|\_____/|_| |_|\______|_______)______| |
| |

     [Sorry for cross-posting. Feel free to forward around]

Florance, 17 January 2004

+++ AGNULA JOINS THE LINUXAUDIO.ORG CONSORTIUM

AGNULA is proud to announce it has joined the Linuxaudio.org
Consortium.

+++

AGNULA is proud to announce it has joined the Linuxaudio.org
Consortium [0], which brings together the leading projects and
companies working in the field of professional audio systems based on
Libre Software.

Linuxaudio.org is a not-for-profit consortium of companies and libre
software projects using Linux kernel based systems and other libre
software for audio work, with an emphasis on professional tools for
the music, recording and broadcast industries. The consortium aims to
co-ordinate joint projects between members, collaborate on the
promotion of Linux based systems for audio tasks, and provide a single
point of contact for prospective industry partners.

Inside the AGNULA project we are excited to join the Linux Audio
consortium. Since we base our work on the principle of maximum
co-operation, typical of Free Software projects, we can only applaud
the effort to unite the key GNU/Linux players in the audio software
industry and community. We are looking forward to contributing our
experience to the expertise provided by consortium members, with the
common goal of developing ever better Linux-based systems for
professional audio work.

Other members of the Linuxaudio.org consortium include:

ALSA project (supported by SUSE)
Ardour project
Audacity project
Boost Hardware
Core Sound
Dyne:bolic project
Fervent Software
4Front Technologies
JACK project
JAMin project
Linux Audio Systems
Lionstracs
MandrakeSoft
Mirror Image Studios
Plugin.org.uk project
Rosegarden project

+++

About AGNULA: Agnula (acronym for A GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong g) is the name of a project funded by the
European Commission (number of contract: IST-2001-34879; key action
IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical mass). The project aims
to spread Free Software in the professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

--
The AGNULA Team                                   info_AT_agnula.org