[linux-audio-announce] The AGNULA project calls for help: webmaster(s) needed

Subject: [linux-audio-announce] The AGNULA project calls for help: webmaster(s) needed
From: The AGNULA Team (info_AT_agnula.org)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 23:37:54 EEST

| ______ ______ _ _ _ |
| /\ / _____) ___ \| | | | | /\ |
| / \ | / ___| | | | | | | | / \ |
| / /\ \| | (___) | | | | | | | / /\ \ |
| | |__| | \____/| | | | |___| | |_____| |__| | |
| |______|\_____/|_| |_|\______|_______)______| |
| |

     [Sorry for cross-posting. Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 29 May 2004

+++ THE AGNULA PROJECT CALLS FOR HELP: WEBMASTER(S) NEEDED

The AGNULA project is in dire need of a fresh and motivated webmaster
- better yet, a team of webmasters able to work cooperatively and
replace each other in times of need. If you are not a developer or a
packager, this is your chance to contribute to our common goal -
spreading Libre Software in the professional audio field.

+++

The AGNULA project is in dire need of a fresh and motivated webmaster
- better yet, a team of webmasters able to work cooperatively and
replace each other in times of need. If you are not a developer or a
packager, this is your chance to contribute to our common goal -
spreading Libre Software in the professional audio field.

As our long-time users know, the AGNULA web site (specifically,
http://www.agnula.org/) has for a long time in need of a reshaping
effort. Many informations contained therein are obsoleted, since
AGNULA is not an EC funded project anymore, and the partners which are
actively working on the various AGNULA sub-projects are not
necessarily the same as 2002, when all of this began.

We need a webmaster, and we need it now! :)

Applicants should:

- be well aware that this is a volunteer position. We are not able to
  pay anyone for working on our website right now; [0]

- know Plone reasonably well. We are not particularly tied to using
  Plone as our platform for http://www.agnula.org/, but our webmaster
  should at least be able to export all the necessary data and in
  general analyze the current situation through Plone and Zope
  management interfaces;

- know the relevant W3C standards that apply to the work at
  hand. Right know HTML 4.x and CSS 1.x / 2.x will do the job just
  fine;

- be moderately fluent in english. Contents for the website shouldn't
  be directly provided by the webmaster, but a basic ability to
  understand "what goes where" is a plus. :)

- have a positive, proactive attitude towards the job. Inside the
  AGNULA project we give the greatest freedom possible to each
  volunteer's creativity and imagination, bearing in mind some basic
  prerequisites (i.e. no proprietary technology or protocol used in
  our day-to-day work and in what we produce);

If you think you are the right person for the job, don't hesitate
writing us at:

users_AT_lists.agnula.org

So that all our community can discuss about your ideas and how you
want to proceed.

Don't hesitate to write us even though somebody else already did: our
goal is to create a medium-sized pool of volunteers able to handle all
web-related tasks inside AGNULA. We perfectly understands that more
often than not "real life" takes precedence over what we would like to
do, but we'd like nonetheless to provide the AGNULA project with a
continuos support as far as the website and related tasks go.

Thank you for your time reading this, and thank you in advance for all
the help you will be able to give.

+++

About AGNULA: Agnula (acronym for A GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong g) is the name of a project funded until
April 2004 by the European Commission (number of contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass). After the end of the funded period, AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer based project, aiming to spread Libre Software in the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

--
The AGNULA Team                                   info_AT_agnula.org
"There's no free expression without control on the tools you use"

[0] As  you might know,   we are working  on  finding new  sources  of
funding for  the AGNULA project.  Once we  have  a formal structure in
place which can decide  on the allocation of money,  and once we  have
the money :), we could possibly  be in a position  to pay a webmaster.
Of course, we can't do any promise at the moment.