[linux-audio-announce] [admin] music.columbia.edu server downtime

From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 02:04:44 EET

hi everyone!

a happy new year to all folks on the gregorian calendar, and a generic
happy next 365 days to everyone else!

the music department at columbia university are taking the list server
down for an upgrade on the coming weekend, so expect interruptions for
linux-audio-dev, linux-audio-user and linux-audio-announce. you will
probably want to keep a copy of all the mails you send over the weekend,
so that you can re-send them in case they end up in the bit bucket.

let me take this opportunity to thank douglas irving repetto for many
years of painless hosting and friendly help, and the entire music dept.
for their generous donation of iron and bandwidth. kudos, guys!

rumor has it that the new list server will be an os x machine. hopefully
this will make the lists even more user-friendly and aesthetically
pleasing than before ;)

all the best,

jörn