[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] realtime-lsm 0.8.6 available via SourceForge

From: Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 03:12:22 EEST

Download links (once SF finishes updating mirrors)...
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/realtime-lsm/rt-lsm-0.8.6-kernel.patch.gz?download
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/realtime-lsm/realtime-lsm-0.8.6.tar.gz?download

The Realtime Linux Security Module (LSM) is a loadable extension for
Linux 2.6 kernels. It selectively grants realtime permissions to
specific user groups or applications.

This release provides the kernel patch formerly included in Andrew
Morton's kernel development tree. This module is no longer available
there, so I am releasing it for download via SourceForge.

The kernel developers prefer their own rlimits solution for granting
realtime privileges. Since that is their responsibility, I defer to
their feelings. Since their solution requires PAM updates which have
been very slow to appear in end-user distributions, I continue to
provide this (simpler) solution via SourceForge for those who need it.

There are no new features. You need not update, if an older version
still works for you. This patch is not actively being developed, but
I will continue to provide support as needed for the many users of
distributions still lacking the required PAM updates for the rlimits
solution preferred by the kernel developers.

This release only supports kernel version 2.6.6 and newer. For older
kernels, realtime-lsm-0.1.1 is still available.

This LSM was written by Torben Hohn and Jack O'Quin, who make no
warranty concerning the safety, security or even stability of your
system when using it. But, if you do have problems, please report
them on the linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden mailing list

--
 joq