[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.69

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 23:56:51 EEST

On behalf of the Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the
immediate release of Rivendell v0.9.69. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. This release, featuring
the debut of full voicetracking and log customization capabilities, marks a
significant milestone for the project, with all modules now feature-complete.
From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
  Changes:
   Voicetracking. A major new feature in this version, voicetracking
   gives operators the ability to insert dynamic, "one-off" audio content into
   individual logs as well as the ability to individually customize each segue
   transition of a log. Carts for voicetracked content are automatically
   created and deleted "on-the-fly" by the system, with no need for individual
   cart management in the Library.

   RDLogManager Changes. The sequence for generating logs in RDLogManager has
   been completely overhauled, making it now possible to generate a log and
   apply voice tracks even before Traffic import data are available (so-called
   "incremental log linking"). Several features have also been added to
   support operation with music-intensive formats, such as the ability to
   schedule embedded voicetracks and spots sets from external music scheduling
   systems (currently only tested with RCS Selector).

   RDDBCheck. A utility for checking consistency of the Rivendell database.
   For information, do (as root):

       rddbcheck --help

   Many, Many Bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for details.

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.97.1 and
   librhpi-0.94.6 be installed. If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, including screenshots, documentation and download links
can be found at:

        http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development |
| | Salem Radio Labs |
| Focus on the dream, not the competition. |
| -- Nemesis Racing Team motto |