[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] das_watchdog V0.2.4 and jack_capture V0.3.7

From: <kjetil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 10:25:26 EEST

New source location:
            http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/src/
(Sorry, I have temporarily lost access to both my previously used upload
directories)

das_watchdog
Whenever a program locks up the machine, das_watchdog will temporarily
sets all realtime process to non-realtime for 8 seconds. You will get an
xmessage window up on the screen whenever that happens.

Changes 0.2.3->0.2.4
--------------------
  *Test if the xmessage program found during the make process is a valid
   executable. If not, search the $PATH instead. This should fix it for
   Gentoo when the pro-audio overlay is updated to at least this version.
  *Various modifications for the High Res Timer, which should be used
   instead of setting the timer interrupt process to SCHED_FIFO/99.

jack_capture
jack_capture is a small program to capture whatever sound is going out to
your speakers into a file without having to patch jack connections, fiddle
around with fileformats, or set options on the argument line.

This is the program I always wanted to have for jack, but no
one made. So here it is.

Changes 0.3.1 -> 0.3.7:
-----------------------
  *Fixed potentional buffer underrun error.
  *Fixed potentional ringbuffer size allocation miscalculation.
  *Better way to set leading zeros in filename. Thanks to Melanie.
  *Better underrun handling. Thanks to Dmitry Baikov.
  *Added support for jack buffer size change.
  *Removed some unnecessary code and comments
  *Beautified code a bit.
  *Fixed a bug in the reconnection code.
  *Beautified code a lot.
  *Changed bufsize argument to accept seconds instead of frames. Default
   buffer size is 60 seconds.
  *Improved documentation and help option.
  *Beautified source a bit.
  *Fixed bug in ringbuffer size allocation.
  *Fixed so that more than one instance of jack_capture can run at once.