[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.74

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 22:51:08 EEST

On behalf of the Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the
immediate release of Rivendell v0.9.74. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
This is a bugfix version of Rivendell. Issues addressed include the
following:
   Security Vulnerability -- Allowed users to execute commands with
   the Run Shell Command macro with permissions of the user running
   the ripcd(8) daemon (normally 'root').

   Timescaling Playouts -- Fixed a bug that was causing timescaled
   events to terminate prematurely under certain circumstances.

   Log Error Checking -- Fixed issues that were preventing changes in
   a cart's status in RDLibrary from being properly reflected in an
   already-loaded RDAirPlay log.

   JACK/ALSA Playout Optimization -- Increased the size of the audio
   ringbuffer for JACK and ALSA drivers.

See the ChangeLog for further details.

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.97.2 and
   librhpi-0.94.7 be installed. If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 120, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development |
| | Salem Radio Labs |
| True leadership is the art of changing a group from what it is to what |
| it ought to be. |
| -- Virginia Allan |