[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.80

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 16:09:58 EET

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce
the release of Rivendell v0.9.80. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   SAS Router Support. The SAS USI driver has been enhanced so that
   channel names are now automatically updated from the USI server whenever
   the Rivendell daemons are started.

   RDImport Improvements. A 'metadata-pattern=' switch has been added to
   RDImport that allows metadata to be read from fields within the filename of
   imported files. Do 'rdimport --help' for details.

   New Metadata Format. RDImport and RDLibrary will now import metadata from
   WAV files from Scott Studios systems.

   RDCatch Error Alarms. RDCatch can now be configured to generate alarms
   (e.g. via e-mail or GPIO) whenever an event encounters an error. See
   RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDCatch.

   RDAirPlay Log Autoloading. RDAirPlay can now be configured to
   automatically load and run specified logs at startup time. It can also
   be set to automatically load and resume execution of whatever log was
   playing at the time of an unexpected system shutdown (e.g. due to power
   failure). See RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDAirPlay.

   Various Bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 130, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| All great ideas are controversial, or have been at one time. |
| -- Anonymous |