[linux-audio-announce] CLAM 1.0, the Berlin release

From: Pau Arumi <parumi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 22 2007 - 17:38:00 EET

We are very happy to announce the CLAM 1.0 "Berlin" release while
having splendid views of the Alps in the flight to Berlin for the
Linux Audio Conference.
This release is indeed a major milestone for the project and it
opens a door to the development of exciting new features, so keep
tuned! Apart of these big changes expect also bug fixes (yes 1.0
have bugs) as we move on.

Learn about CLAM in the web: http://clam.iua.upf.edu

Last months have been very positive: many new people showed
interest and contributed in the mailing lists, CLAM got packaged
for almost every Linux distribution, and we got enormous activity
in the svn source repository. We also welcome Andreas as an active
developer and we hope that the forthcoming Google Summer of Code
will also bring new talent aboard.

These are the substantial changes from 0.98:

NetworkEditor (now in version 1.0 like the CLAM libs) let the user
embed any Ladspa plugin in the network as if it was a CLAM
processing. This combined with the fact that you already can
compile a network as a new Ladspa plugin library bringing a new
world of possibilities. Portaudio is now the common stable audio
back-end and its usability have been improved. However, jack is
still taken as the default back-end in linux and osx. The interaction
between Network and its FlowControl have been totally redesigned,
fixing many bugs related with complex network topologies. A new
FreewheelingNetworkPlayer class permits offline execution of
networks, and it comes along with a new binary for command-line
use. At users petition we've also added SMSTools related
command-line binaries. On the signal processing front, we have
added a fftw3 and experimental vowel synthesis processings.
As always, see detailed changes in the change-logs [1]

Find in the download section[2] the usual binaries for Mac OSX
(Intel and PowerPc), Windows, Linux (Debian sid, Ubuntu Edgy and
Feisty) and also new packages for Fedora Core 6 and OpenSuse.
Thanks Fernando, Toni, Paul and others for the great help with
packaging!

The CLAM team

1.
http://iua-share.upf.edu/svn/clam/trunk/CLAM/CHANGES