[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] JackMix 0.3 hits the shelfs

From: Arnold Krille <arnold.krille@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 20:41:49 EEST

JackMix, the ultimate mixer app for jack hits another milestone:

"Sliders vs. Knobs"

From the "programming during Linux-Audio-Conference"-depth. comes the
next release of JackMix.

Whats new since 0.2?

Inspired by a lot of talking during LAC I have redone the sliders.
They still look kind of similar to some vu-meters but I think it isn't
that bad anymore.
But there are new knobs in this version too. They did get positive
feedback during the conference. :-)
The knobs from 0.2 didn't seem to scale well. At least not from the
usability point.

The biggest change is that version 0.3 saves the own state to
xml-files which can be read again later. Also adding a filename on the
commandline opens that file on startup. This enables version 0.4 to
have lash-support.

And there is a new interface so backend can interact with the gui in a
better way. The main effect now is that if jackd is not running its
not the jackmix mainwindow that is complaining but the backend popping
up a message.

Visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/568 to find more. See
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=JackMix%3Ascreenshots for
screenshots or just download the package from
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/jackmix/jackmix-0.3.tar.gz

Have a nice weekend,

Arnold

--