[LAA] Rivendell v0.9.81

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 20:33:38 EEST

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce
the release of Rivendell v0.9.81.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License.  From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   Automatic Dropbox Mode. A new dialog, 'RDAdmin->ManageHosts->Dropboxes'
   has been added that allows multiple dropbox import services to be easily
   configured and modified.

   Integrated Music Scheduler. It is now possible to define music categories
   and schedule music playouts with RDLogManager.

   RDPanel Module. A new 'RDPanel' module has been added that consists of a
   'full screen' version of the SoundPanel widget found in RDAirPlay.
   Configuration is done in RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDPanel, and is completely
   independent of the configuration of the SoundPanel in RDAirPlay.

   SoundPanel Changes. Several changes in the operation of the SoundPanels
   (both in RDAirPlay and RDPanel) have been made, including:

     1) Improved Panel Navigation. Instead of traversing the set of available
        panels linearly by means of left- and right-arrow buttons, the desired
        panel can now be selected directly by means of a drop-down menu.

     2) Nameable Panels. It's now possible to give each panel a user-defined
        name.

     3) Hook Mode. Playouts can be set to play either the full audio content
        or just the designated hook material on a playout-by-playout basis.

     4) Customizable Default Labels. Default button labels can be now defined
        by means of wildcards in the 'Label Template' control in
        RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDAirPlay or RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDPanel.

   Many bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for details.

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.98.0 and
   librhpi-0.94.8 be installed. If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 139, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| Do not try to think outside of the box. That's impossible. Instead, |
| realise the truth. There is no box. |
| --Quoted by "larsmjoh" on GrokLaw.net |