[LAA] Rivendell v1.0.0rc0

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 21:05:17 EEST

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce
the release of Rivendell v1.0.0rc0. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. Changes in this release
include (from the NEWS file):

*** snip snip ***
   New Switcher Device. Support has been added for the 'Quartz' line
   of video routing switchers made by Evertz. See the relevant
   section in 'docs/SWITCHERS.txt' for details.

   Logging Changes. A [Logs] section has been added to rd.conf(5) for
   configuring event logging. Logging can now be done directly to
   files (as before) or through the syslog facility. See the comments
   in 'conf/rd.conf-sample' for details on setting this up.

   Overlap Transition Retired. The ability to schedule 'Overlap'
   transitions in program logs has been removed. The equivalent
   functionality can still be achieved by scheduling a 'Segue'
   transition with the 'No Fade at Event End' attribute enabled. Any
   existing overlap transitions will be automatically converted when
   the database schema update is applied.

   Random Cut Rotation Retired. The ability to schedule cuts to rotate
   'randomly' within a cart has been removed, with all cut rotation now
   using the original 'sequential' algorithm.

   Bugfixes. See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 158, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result. |
| -- Winston Churchill |