[LAA] Rivendell v1.2.0

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2008 - 00:44:45 EET

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce
the release of Rivendell v1.2.0. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. Changes in this release
include (from the NEWS file):

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   RDCatch Download Events. An 'Event Offset' setting has been added to
   Download Events to allow date wildcards used in the URL field to be offset
   by the indicated number of days.

   Hard Time Handling in Logs. The logic for processing hard start times in
   logs has been changed so that a hard time event will be executed when wall
   clock time matches regardless of it's place relative to other hard timed
   events.

   Now & Next Changes. A new plugin architecture has been added that makes it
   possible to create "Rivendell Loadable Modules" (RLMs for short) that can
   be used to generate Now & Next PAD data to a wide array of external devices
   and services. Runtime plugin configuration is accomplished in
   RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDAirPlay->ConfigureNow&Next. A set of sample
   plugins is provided for transmitting data via UDP and serial ports as well
   as for interfacing to 'social networking' services such as Twitter and
   FaceBook. Information on writing new plugins can be found in the 'rlm.h'
   header file.

   Dropbox Changes. Several new dropbox features have been added, including
   the ability to configure a box not to delete source files after import
   (particularly useful in conjunction with satellite-based audio delivery
   services such as AMB-OS and PRSS ContentDepot). Also new is the ability to
   apply an automatic date offset to any encoded Start or End Date value of
   imported files.

   Automated System Management. It is now possible to configure various
   objects to be automatically purged from the system after they expire. For
   audio cuts, this can be configured on a group-wide basis in
   RDAdmin->ManageGroups, while Logs and ELR data purging can be configured in
   RDAdmin->ManageServices.

   RDLogManager Enhancements. A 'Remarks' field has been added to the Event
   and Clock dialogs to provide an area for entering free-form text notes.

   GPIO Enhancements. It is now possible to configure separate and
   independent macro carts to execute upon the rising and falling state of a
   GPIO line.

   Username Length. The previous limit of a maximum of eight characters in a
   Rivendell username has been increased to 255, thus allowing for better
   integration with external authentication systems such as Active Directory.

   Bugfixes. Several bugfixes have been implemented -- see the ChangeLog for
   details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 170, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. |
| -- William Blake |