[LAA] [ANN] Composite - New project for live audio sequencing

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabriel@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 15:51:33 EET

I have started a new project called Composite, which is planned to be a
sequencer for live-performance sequencing, sampling, and looping. One
might say that it will be like Ableton Live. It will be an LV2 host for
synths and effects, and will have a built-in sampler (which will probably
be an LV2 plugin).

At this time, the project is in the planning stages.[1] Anyone who is
interested is invited to join the mailing list and share your thoughts and
opinions -- especially as it relates to UI and workflow.[2]

Links......

      Project: http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/
         Code: http://gitorious.org/composite
  Specs (WIP): http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/specification.html
          FAQ: http://gabe.is-a-geek.org/composite/faq.html

Thanks especially to Patrick Shirkey for stirring things up.

Peace,
Gabriel

CC: LAU, LAD, LAA, Composite-Dev

[1] Strategy: Create a published spec. of what we want to
     accomplish, and then get after it. There is currently
     no code, but we plan to steal as much as we can.
[2] However, these will probably *not* change:
     + Will be monolithic. Let's not start a monolithic
       vs. modular debate.
     + Will use Qt and C++.