[LAA] Rivendell v1.7.0

From: Fred Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 22 2010 - 21:29:06 EET

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce
the release of Rivendell v1.7.0. Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License. Changes in this release
include (from the NEWS file):

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   Log Import Format Presets. Added preset import configurations in
   RDAdmin->ManageServices for several third-party scheduler systems.
   The following systems are supported:
      CounterPoint Software
      Music 1
      PowerGold
      RadioTraffic.com
      Rivendell Standard Import
      Visual Traffic

   New AsPlayed Report Format. An ELR format for Music 1 in has been
   added in RDAdmin->ManageReports.

   Log Import Scripts. It is now possible to specify an optional script to be
   run at log import time before regular import processing takes place. This
   can be configured in RDAdmin->ManageServices with the 'Preimport Command'
   fields. These fields accept the same wildcard sequences as 'Path' fields.

   High-Resolution Timing. This version of Rivendell debuts the ability to
   specify the start times and lengths of log events with 1/10 second
   precision.

   New Translations. Two Norwegian translations (nn_NO and nb_NO) and a
   Spanish translation (es) have been added.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 186, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied. Due to the
   complexity of the schema changes required for this update, the process
   may take significantly longer to execute than is commonly the case;
   users are cautioned to allow for ample time operationally.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| You can never tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks. |
| -- Kramer's Law |