[LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.07.0 release 'reloaded'

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sun Mar 28 2010 - 17:15:37 EEST

guitarix is a simple Linux Rock Guitar amplifier and is designed
to achieve nice thrash/metal/rock/blues guitar sounds.
Guitarix uses the Jack Audio Connection Kit as its audio backend
and brings in one input and two output ports to the jack graph.

Release 0.07.0 comes with a bunch of major changes :

  * nearly complete reworked source by Andreas Degert
  * amp and effect units based direct on faust expressions
  * all faust sources included
  * new accumulated tuner unit with new interface (analogue Style needle meter)
  * Midi controller connections could saved with in presets and/or general
  * a editable Midi controller map is available
  * new human readable preset style
  * knobs could be used like sliders (press ctrl + mouse-button
    and move the mouse horizontal, leave the ctrl and hold mouse-button
    for fine tune), or like real knobs (turn them around)
  * convolution unit based on zita-convolver is now integrated in the engine
  * presets could change with Midi Program Messages
  * I'm sure I have some things forgotten to mention here.

Check out the new great sound of the faust optimized sources.

To the midi learn function: a middle mouse button click on a controller pop's
up a little widget, move the midi controller you will use, the controller number
is shown in the widget. Press OK when you've done. That's it.
By the way, a right click on a controller pop up a spinbox for direct enter
the value with your keyboard.

have fun

guitarix is licensed under the GPL.

Project page with screenshots:
         http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

download:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs or suggestions here:
         http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

For capture, guitarix uses the great 'jack_capture'
(version >= 0.9.30) written by Kjetil S. Matheussen.
If you don't have it installed,
you can look here:

         http://old.notam02.no/arkiv/src/?M=D

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the
zita-convolver library by Fons Adriaensen.
If you don't have it installed, you can look here:

         http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/index.html

We use faust to build the amp and effects and will say
thanks to

         : Julius Smith
         http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

         : Albert Graef
         http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/examples.html#Faust

         : Yann Orlary
         http://faust.grame.fr/

For faust users :

You could find the tools we use to convert (and plot) the resulting faust cpp
files to the needed include format in the /guitarix/tools directory.
Faust dsp files are in /guitarix/src/faust and the resulting cc files are in
/guitarix/src/faust-cc
As default we have disable faust for build, if you wane play with the faust
expressions, simply add --faust to the ./waf configure step, then faust
will be used to rebuild the included faust-cc files.

 regards

        Hermann Meyer, James Warden, Andreas Degert