[LAA] rakarrack 0.5.8 (Equinox) is released

From: Josep Andreu <holborn@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2010 - 13:08:25 EEST

 Hi

 We are pleased to announce the release of rakarrack 0.5.8 Equinox, a summer gift. This is a major feature release, but we have also fixed many old bugs.

 We know that today is a Solstice, but we think that Equinox is a better definition for this version because we have worked diligently since release of 0.4.2, and 0.5.8 for us is like the start of a new cycle in the development of Rakarrack. Releasing on a Solstice is simply because this is a good reason to celebrate if you're a musician with preference for free open source software.

 http://rakarrack.sourceforge.net

 NEWS

 New Bank File format, we include a utility "rakconvert" to convert Bank files
 to the new format.

 New Effects:

 Valve, Dual Flange, Ring, Exciter, Expander, DistBand, Arpie, Shuffle, Synthfilter,
 VaryBand, Convolotron, Looper, MuTroMojo, Echoverse, CoilCrafter,
 ShelfBoost, Vocoder, Sustainer, Sequence, Shifter, StompBox, Reverbtron,
 Echotron.

 New Features:

 Tap Tempo.
 Upsampling using libsamplerate by Erik de Castro Lopo.
 Downsample intesive CPU effects.
 Upsample Waveshapper.
 ACI Analog Control Interface.

 Waveshappers:

 M.Saw, Compress, Overdrive, Soft, Super Soft, Gard Compress, Lmt-NoGain,
 Hard Compress, FET, DynoFET, Valve1, Valve2, Diode clipper.

 LFO Modulation:

 M.Saw, L.Fractal.

 Improvements:

 GUI
 DC Offset Filter at the input.
 Tuner Callibration
 Auto Connect jack input ports.
 GUI and bug fixes.

 The rakarrack team:

 Josep Andreu - Ryan Billing - Douglas McClendon - Arnout Engelen

--
Josep Andreu <holborn@email-addr-hidden>