[LAA] Spek 0.5

From: Alexander Kojevnikov <alexander@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jun 27 2010 - 07:47:30 EEST

Hi list,

I'm happy to announce the release of version 0.5 of Spek - an acoustic spectrum
analyser / spectrogram viewer.

Spek is a multi-platform app available on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.

Changes since the previously announced version (0.3):

* Associate with audio files (“Open with…” menu in file managers.)
* Show the name of the open file in the window title.
* Support 24-bit FLACs.
* Drag and Drop support.
* Show file name and its properties in the window.
* Significantly speed up spectral analysis by using the optimal number
of frequency bands.
* DTS files support.
* Distribute Windows version as a ZIP archive in addition to the MSI installer.
* Mac OS X installer.
* Use Pango to render text.
* Brand new icon.

Read more about Spek on the official website [1] and on my blog [2]

Cheers,
Alex

[1] http://www.spek-project.org/
[2] http://versia.com/category/spek/