[LAA] Mixxx 1.8.0 Released

From: RJ Ryan <rryan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2010 - 08:28:43 EEST

Hello all,

After more than a year's worth of work by over 30 developers and artists,
Mixxx 1.8.0 has finally been released. This follows the longest beta cycle
we have ever had, in which over 100 bugs were fixed. Mixxx has never been
more stable and ready for use by both new and experienced DJs!

The biggest changes since Mixxx 1.7.2 are:

   - Looping support
   - Support for up to 32 hot-cues per deck.
   - Brand new library with support for playlists, crates (tags), and a
   bulk-analyze mode for processing and annotating tracks.
   - Support for reading iTunes (OSX and Windows) and Rhythmbox (Linux)
   libraries.
   - An Auto-DJ mode for when you need to take a bathroom break :)
   - A suite of 5 brand-new skins created by a professional designer who
   joined our team.
   - Updated support for a number of MIDI controllers
   - Ability to use multiple MIDI controllers at once
   - Ramping pitch-bend support
   - An audio plugin system for supporting proprietary codecs such as M4A
   - An advanced caching system for all hotcues, loops, and recently played
   sections of tracks.

More info can be found on our release blog post :
http://mixxxblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/mixxx-180-released.html

A brief history of Mixxx can be found on our Press page:
http://www.mixxx.org/press.php

We’re also well into the development cycle for our next release, which will
focus on the integration of Shoutcast/Icecast for live broadcasting.

Best regards,
RJ Ryan