[LAA] Mixxx 1.8.1 Released

From: RJ Ryan <rryan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 19 2010 - 19:47:30 EEST

Hello all,

As a follow on to our 1.8.0 release, we've just released Mixxx 1.8.1. This
is a bugfix release which fixes the following regressions and bugs with
1.8.0:

   - Reduce glitches on track load (*major improvement* for some users)
   - Waveform generation speed drastically improved on Windows
   - Stability fix when using vinyl emulation
   - Adjustable EQ shelves can no longer be equal
   - UTF-8 fixes for Rhythmbox track source
   - Fixed duplicate promotional tracks from appearing in library
   - Fixed MIDI learning wizard on OS X
   - Fixed minor delay in setting hot cues with MIDI controllers during
   playback
   - BPM tap activates on mouse-down instead of mouse-up.
   - Read ID3 tags in FLAC files on Windows
   - Reduce crackling during playback for some Windows users

Other than these bug reports, we've been getting a lot of positive reports.
Try Mixxx out and let us know what you think!

More info on the official blog post here:
http://mixxxblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/mixxx-181-released.html

Thanks,
RJ Ryan