[LAA] Linux Audio Monthly Round-Up #6 - January 2011

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2011 - 18:51:00 EET

Dear all,

The holiday season is over and I actually took advantage of it by not
working on this month's round-up but by making music. With the help of
Leigh Dyer's outstanding seq24 tutorials I'm trying to master seq24 and
so far I'm really enthusiastic about this sequencer. I've started
remixing an older track of mine and seq24 has already proven itself a
very valuable tool.

But I did read up on relevant mailinglists and forums to keep in pace
with the developments in Linux Audio Land. And December did yield some
interesting topics, like the RT_GROUP_SCHED option (cgroups) discussion
on the Jack-Devel mailinglist and the refutation that CPU frequency
scaling has no use for low-latency real-time audio, and then there was
the sheer amount of music made with Linux of course!

Best,

Jeremy

PS. Thanks to the people from LinuxMAO, without them I'd miss out on a
lot of developments, releases and other non-trivial events worth mentioning!