[LAA] Rivendell 2.0.1

From: Frederick Gleason <fredg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 17:24:47 EEST

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first production release of Rivendell 2.x, v2.0.1. Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License.

From the NEWS file:
*** snip snip ***This is the first production release of Rivendell 2.x. All changes made
since 2.0.0rc1 have involved fixes for reported bugs and improved
integration with various distributions and desktop environments. See
the ChangeLog for specifics.

If upgrading from a v1.x version of Rivendell, be sure to read the
'UPGRADING' file before proceeding for important information.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 202, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions. To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied. Due to the
   complexity of the schema changes required for this update, the process
   may take significantly longer to execute than is commonly the case;
   users are cautioned to allow for ample time operationally.

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

       http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Chief Developer |
| | Paravel Systems |
| At this time [the year 1700 of the Second Age] the first White Council |
| was held, and it was there determined that an Elvish stronghold in the |
| east of Eriador should be maintained at [Rivendell]... |
| -- J.R.R Tolkien |
| "Unfinished Tales" |