[LAA] [ANN] guitarix update release gx_head-0.14.0

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sun Apr 10 2011 - 11:47:53 EEST

gx_head is a simple guitar mono tube amplifier simulation based
on the work we have done in the guitarix project.
gx_head provide different tube models and tonestack models, so you can
simply adjust the amp-model to your needs.

gx_head comes with a bunch of in-build effects, like distortion, crybaby,
autowah, phaser, flanger, echo, delay, . . .
The effects could ordered in two Racks, on for the mono effects, witch
could be load for pre or post processing, and one for the stereo
effects, witch could only used in post processing.
Effects are loadable over the menu, a pop-up menu in the racks, or a
plugin bar. Settings could saved/load as presets.
gx_head comes with some factory settings provided by guitarix/gx_head
friends "funkmuscle", "zettberlin" and "StudioDave" thanks therefore.

All UI controllers could connected over jack midi via MIDI learn with
your external MIDI controllers.

gx_head is comes, thanks to
Pablo Fernández with Spanish ,
Ivan Tarozzi with Italian,
jy with French translation.

Thanks to the new project member Pete Shorthose we could fix a old Bug
in libgxw/gxwmm related to 64 bit systems, also Pete have add
animation support for knobs in libgxw/gxwmm.

new features in short:

  * add tube 6DJ8
  * add clean tube modes
  * reworked drive controller (bypass <-> wet)
  * add clipper
  * add mono level controller
  * add French translation by jy
  * add TACTILE skin by Pete Shorthose
  * add knob animation support by Pete Shorthose
  * add new knob images by Pete Shorthose
  * add new switch images by Pete Shorthose
  * fix 64bit related bug in libgxw by Pete Shorthose
  * add factory settings by Dave Phillips
  * add 3band EQ + sharper
  * add tremolo by transmogrifox (Rakarrack)

have fun

gx_head is licensed under the GPL.

screen-shots and sound examples:
         http://sourceforge.net/apps/wordpress/guitarix/

direct download:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/files/gx_head/gx_head-0.14.0.tar.bz2/download

download site:
         http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs and suggestions in our forum:
         http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

For extra Impulse Responses, gx_head uses the
zita-convolver library, and,
for resampling we use zita-resampler,
both written by Fons Adriaensen.

         http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html

We use the marvellous faust compiler to build the amp and effects and will say
thanks to

         : Julius Smith
         http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

         : Albert Graef
         http://q-lang.sourceforge.net/examples.html#Faust

         : Yann Orlary
         http://faust.grame.fr/

For faust users :

All used Faust dsp files are included in /gx_head/src/faust,
the resulting .cc files are in /gx_head/src/faust-generated
The tools we use to convert (post-processing and plot)
the resulting faust cpp files to the needed include format,
stay in the /gx_head/tools directory.