[LAA] Renoise 2.7 Final - Back To Beats

From: Dac Chartrand <dac@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 12 2011 - 16:36:59 EEST

# FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

May 12th, 2011 - Eight weeks of community driven testing finish today. We are proud to announce that Renoise 2.7 is stable and ready for production. Thanks once again to our users, the best in the world.

For the occasion we've teamed up with Puremagnetik.com to bring you "Puremagnetik XRNI Essentials Volume 1" - a hand-picked selection from their catalog of professionally multi-sampled instruments. This sample pack is free for all registered users, new and old.

With over 500MB of sounds, producers can immediately jump into the latest sampling features of Renoise 2.7. From classic studio instruments like a Stratocaster and Mellotron to lo-fi digital chip sounds, "Puremagnetik XRNI Essentials Volume 1" offers something for everyone. As an added bonus this collection includes a pristinely sampled and programmed Yamaha Conservatory Grand Piano. The package contains: Analog Synth Basses, Circuit Bent Drum Kits, Buchla Drum Kits, Mellotron Strings and Flutes, Glitch, Toy & Lo-Fi Sounds, Fender Rhodes Mark II, Model-C Clavinet, Electric Guitar, Upright Bass, Classic Analog Synths, Grand Piano, and more.

We're also pleased to announce an upgrade to our XRNX site and a Tool Update Downloader which automatically updates installed tools. It's so easy even your grandmother could do it. In fact, she's learning Lua and scripting a new controller template for Duplex as you read this. But I digress...

# WHAT'S NEW SINCE 2.6?

Renoise's internal instruments have been re-engineered. The focal point is a new keyzone editor that supports overlapping, velocity, and key release mappings. The Sample Keyzones editor brings with it user interface refinements, improved drumkit generation, better tuning options, new sample properties, and loop modes. Live instrumentalists can also tap into new realtime rendering modes and MIDI input routing, making Renoise on a laptop a formidable replacement for your old sampler.

New Slice Markers push Renoise's breakbeat insanity one step further. With the click of a button, your break is sliced and keymapped. Amens away! More than just a beatslicer, creatives will soon discover custom offsets and the power of aliases for controlling longer recordings like vocals and soundscapes.

The revamped Automation Editor now provides a zoomable overview of the entire song, as well as vastly improved envelope resolution. Navigating is smooth, dragging and drawing easier, so simple yet so useful.

Internal FX get an injection of winning with a new Comb Filter and a Multiband Send that lets you surgically redirect a single sound source to 3 send tracks. New draggable gain and frequency handles in the native EQs add flavour and finesse to the tools. Other changes include improvements to DSSI, MIDI optimizations, hardware-compatible solo mode, adjustable audio headroom, pre-count, ameliorations to the Lua API, and numerous other changes in every aspect of the app; no stone was left unturned in this release.

Full changelog with screenshots here:

* http://www.renoise.com/new

# MUSIC HACKDAY BERLIN:

Renoise will be mentoring at Music Hack Day Berlin. The event takes place on the weekend of May 28th in the MTV Network offices located at the Spree river. Erik, dblue and Taktik will be on site to discuss Renoise, the Lua API, drink beer, and give out high fives. Check our community forums in the upcoming days for more details.

# ABOUT RENOISE:

Renoise is a sophisticated music sequencer and audio processing application for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. It's a unique all-in-one music production environment for your personal computer.

Renoise's rock-solid stability makes it ideal as a live jamming tool. You can map almost every part of the interface to a MIDI controller, run your guitar through a Line-In Device and distort it with native effects, or just use it as a drum machine; a sampler on steroids.

Renoise's open API allows programmers to easily extend Renoise. With a few lines of code you can add the features or tools that you always wanted but never dared to ask for.

Renoise is based on mod trackers. Mod trackers are characterized by displaying and editing music in an easily understood grid known as a pattern. These patterns are akin to sheet music, but are displayed alphanumerically instead of with musical notation.

Renoise boasts full ReWire and Jack support, FX and instrument VST/AU/LADSPA/DSSI plug-in support, automatic plug-in delay compensation, multi-core load balancing, MIDI I/O, OpenSoundControl, audio recording, flexible audio output, graphical & numerical parameter automation, modular parameter routing, and much more.

Due to its keyboard driven workflow, it makes the creation of desktop music far quicker than in a traditional MIDI-based sequencer. For experienced users, and those who don't necessarily want to be bound to piano roll systems to make music, it offers a refreshing approach to composing and is one of the most efficient ways to do so using a computer.

Instead of spending hours cobbling beats together with a mouse, why not do it in seconds with just a few keystrokes in Renoise? Whether you're an audio veteran or just starting out, Renoise is a fantastic addition to any bedroom or professional studio.

Got laptop? Use Renoise.

# WEBSITE:
* http://www.renoise.com