[LAA] [ANNOUNCE] New LV2 Soft Synth: The Newtonator v0.5.0

From: Michael Bechard <gothmagog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 19 2011 - 21:47:25 EEST

Brand new LV2 plugin soft synth here. The Newtonator (v0.5.0) features:  * LV2-compliant synth plugin  * Simple, easy-to-use GTK-based GUI  * 3-note polyphony (err, um, until I can do some serious optimization)  * "Unique" synthesis algorithm (Tuna Pagan Fellowship) The Newtonator specializes in making crazy, harsh sounds, so if you're looking for some sounds to produce the next Yanni album, keep looking. Please refer to the user manual (http://newtonator.sourceforge.net/manual/index.html) for more gory details. Download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/newtonator/files/newtonator-0.5.0.tar.gz/download NOTE: This plugin was written against the excellent libraries included in the lv2-c++-tools package written by Lars Luthman. However, as of v1.0.4, the GUI library only supports rev. 2 of the LV2 specification, so it may have problems on newer hosts (though I have done some (very) preliminary testing against Ardour3 and it seems to work ok). Alpha testing mostly done against zynjacku and Elven (comes with ll-plugins package) hosts. This puppy's in beta, so feel free to get in touch with me at the project forum (https://sourceforge.net/projects/newtonator/forums/forum/1820765) or submit a bug if needed. Thanks, and have fun. Michael Bechard https://sourceforge.net/projects/newtonator/