[LAA] Guitarix release guitarix2-0.20.0

From: Andreas Degert <andreas.degert@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2011 - 18:31:35 EET

Guitarix release guitarix2-0.20.0

After much code shuffling, refactoring and testing we are happy to
release "whizzing abacus" guitarix2-0.20.0. Thanks to all testers and
special thanks to rosea grammostola for his patience.

Guitarix is a tube amplifier simulation for jack, with effect modules
and an additional stereo effect chain.

Please refer to our project page for more information:

       http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/

new features and bugfixes in short:

 * important bugfix: convolver (cabinet, presence) in 0.19.0 only
   worked when samplerate was 48000Hz
 * avoid connect already connected ports
 * always save state on exit (in earlier versions state was not saved
   when presets where selected)

 * separation of engine and UI
   if you always wanted to use Guitarix headless or embedded, now
   there's a chance :-)
 * now its possible to set the reference pitch of the tuner
 * remember currently selected preset in guitarix state file
 * display selected preset / factory preset in window title and patch
   info window
 * updated factory settings from funkmuscle
 * reworked guitarix operation under a jack session manager
 * error popup window in addition to existing logging facility
 * command line option to set instance name (determines jack client
   names and state file to use)
 * some more work to support localization
 * upgraded to zita-convolver version 3
 * other smaller changes and clean-ups

download site:
        http://sourceforge.net/projects/guitarix/

please report bugs and suggestions in our forum:
        http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/

here you can find a couple of examples produced by guitarix users:
       http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/guitarix/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=83

have fun

For extra Impulse Responses, guitarix uses the zita-convolver library,
and, for resampling we use zita-resampler, both written by Fons
Adriaensen.

        http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/index.html

We use the marvellous faust compiler to build the amp and effects and
will say thanks to

        : Julius Smith
        http://ccrma.stanford.edu/realsimple/faust/

        : Albert Graef