[LAA] Zynaddsubfx 3.0.2 - The “Liquefaction” Release

From: Spencer Jackson <ssjackson71@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 22 2017 - 01:47:56 EEST

Zynaddsubfx 3.0.2 - The “Liquefaction” Release

As we saw the needs of users and switched priorities accordingly we have
been working on some big new features and are excited to announce a new
release. Perhaps eclipsing all other features in this release,
“Liquefaction” adds a new Macro learning and automation feature. This
feature is just in its infancy but already allows the sound designer to
select one or more parameters and map them to macro slots which can then be
bound to midi controls for live tweaking with your controller, or exposed
to a plugin host for automation in your DAW. With this powerful new system
you can create arbitrary mappings of up to 4 parameters to a single knob.
We hope you find this feature useful and exciting as it develops further.
You can look through our current documentation on the feature at:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/automations/parameter-automation-documentation.html

Note that users of the “legacy” UI will not be able to access this feature
fully, but midi learn should operate still as expected. Scala file loading
for microtonal users is another highly-requested feature landing in 3.0.2.

The highlights of added features and bugfixes include :

   -

   Upgrade MIDI learn system to include host automations and macro learned
   controls
   -

   Upgrade analog filter parameters to floating point resolution - ready
   for some crazy automation

   -

   Add many optimizations improving general performance
   -

   Fix microtonal .kbm/.scl file loading - for when 12 pitches just aren’t
   enough
   -

   Re-enable Auto-save
   -

   Restructure layout code to improve performance when changing views
   -

   Remove dependency on GLPK/glpsol
   -

   Add runtime update for ADsynth modulator volume/frequency
   -

   Add drag operation for multiple harmonic manipuation
   -

   Add sidebar kit toggle via middle-mouse
   https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/73

   -

   Add default values to OSC metadata
   -

   Fix exit when closing zyn-fusion subprocess
   -

   Fix crash with large number of pad synth samples
   -

   Silence 0 volume effects
   -

   Silence 0 volume add synth voices
   -

   Fix memory leak on closing GUI (windows only)

   -

   Rewrite file selector to fix various bugs
   -

   Fix window closing bug in standalone
   https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/17
   -

   Fix crash on File->quit when in plugin mode
   -

   Changes bank search sorting to use path+file (was just file based sort)
   https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/46
   -

   Adds cursor indicator to various text fields
   https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/16
   -

   Fix octave knob in footer
   -

   Add configurable frames-per-second environmental variables for low end
   systems https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues/85
   -

   Fix minor bugs

And here’s the contribution score card by number of commits since 3.0.1:
(b347cce)

    41 fundamental

    12 Johannes Lorenz

     3 Olivier Humbert

     2 ssj71

     2 falkTX

     1 Ihor Khomyn

     1 Daniel Sheeler

We hope you all enjoy this new release and make some cool new sounds while
playing with the macro feature. Remember that any who already purchased the
Zyn-Fusion UI will be able to download this updated version for free from
Gumroad. In the progression toward making the UI fully free-licensed the
source code is now available to Gumroad subscribers. The license is
restrictive at this time but will soon be relicensed and made free (as in
freedom).

Now go make some noise!

--Team Zyn.

Project Page:
http://zynaddsubfx.sf.net/

Buy Zyn-Fusion or Download the Demo:

http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/zyn-fusion.html

Or Download the Source (with legacy UI):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/files/zynaddsubfx/3.0.2/

Mailing List:
https://sourceforge.net/p/zynaddsubfx/mailman/

Forums: