Re: [linux-audio-dev] questions concerning Java 2 for Linux

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] questions concerning Java 2 for Linux
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: pe huhti  16 1999 - 07:35:46 EDT

Mike Petersen wrote:

> (Linux with the JDK 1.2)
> The JDK 1.2 port uses a strangely named stdc++ library. If you
> are running on a non Debian Linux (like RedHat) you will need
> to run these two commands as root after making sure that
> /usr/local/lib is entered into your /etc/ld.so.conf file.
>
> % g++ -shared -o /usr/local/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2 -lm
> % ldconfig
>
> </QUOTE>
> <<<<<<<<<
>
> There is evidently other variables which might require the use of
> LD_PRELOAD as described in the README.linux

Well, what finally worked for me was a simple link:

ln -sf /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.9.0
/jdk1.2/jre/lib/i386/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2

I've been able to load and run Schroeder (couldn't get it to run at all
under JDK 1.1.7) and Rocky (much better under JDK 1.2), but not Silence
or HPKComposer. I'm still working on them...

Thanks, Mike !

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html