[linux-audio-dev] Mix curiosity

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Mix curiosity
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: ke elo    11 1999 - 21:48:59 EDT

Greetings:

  While revising the Mix docs I came across the significance of the
csound variable. Apparently on an SGI machine it's possible to trigger a
Csound compilation with realtime audio output, along with any other
material in the track(s). I tried it, after editing the mix.c code a
bit, and indeed the Csound session initiates. Of course, it dies because
it can't access the soundcard.

  So I wondered: Is it at all possible to make that work in Linux Mix ?
I loaded the esound daemon, but playback froze and output no audio
anyway. I'd like to be able to do this trick: any suggestions ?

== Dave Phillips

       http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/index.html
   http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/Linux-soundapp/linux_soundapps.html