[linux-audio-dev] float math

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] float math
From: Nicola Bernardini (nicb_AT_axnet.it)
Date: su elo    15 1999 - 23:32:25 EDT

Dear Guenter, dear all,

I seem to be the only person in the world with this problem :)
When I tried to compile Mix I encountered the
same problems I had in compiling pd: the linking stage barks that
it cannot find the various 'sinf, logf, powf' etc. functions, which
I assume to be float copies of the sin, log, etc. functions from the
math library. Currently I compile with:

gcc version 2.7.2.3
/lib/libc.so.5.4.46

I have been looking quite hard around for libm libraries that have
these calls but could not find where to get them. Of course a solution
is to

#define sinf sin
etc. etc.

but I always wondered where you get these calls from :)

Thanks for your help

Nicola

Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb_AT_axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture. Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.