Re: [linux-audio-dev] a late reply to the 'What do we need now' thread... (sndlib)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] a late reply to the 'What do we need now' thread... (sndlib)
From: Erik de Castro Lopo (erikd_AT_zip.com.au)
Date: ma elo    16 1999 - 14:09:56 EDT

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

<snip>

> I could list sndlib's high points and start a flame war, but, geez you guys,
> I'm doing this because I love messing around with sounds, not to "compete"
> with anyone. I'd even be willing to discuss a merger of libraries, or,
> if Mr Castro Lopo wants, he can use any of my code he likes -- for example,
> there's a high quality sample rate converter.

I'm sorry Bill, I should have shown some more respect. You've been around
this game a lot longer than I have and contributed a lot more. I remember
seeing your name in connection with computer music when I first started
getting interested in computer music 15 years ago.

And of course, under the GPL, your code is my code and my code is your
code. :-). I'll definitely have a look at your SRC.

Erik

     Erik de Castro Lopo     erikd_AT_zip.com.au
"If dolphins are so smart, why do they live in igloos?" -Eric Cartman