[linux-audio-dev] we should use gtk objects for our plugins

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] we should use gtk objects for our plugins
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: to elo    26 1999 - 16:25:43 EDT

OK, people..considering I'm now replying to myself replying to myself, I'm
probably losing it. :)

est_AT_hyperreal.org discourseth:
> est_AT_hyperreal.org discourseth:
> >
> > * Use uint32_t instead of u_int32_t for POSIX 1.g compatibility.
>
> Come to think of it, including glib.h and using guint32 etc might be
> even better.

Using the gtk object system for our plugins might be best of all. It
provides a C-based object system with wide use and multi-lingual
support. Note that gtk objects (as opposed to widgets) have nothing
X-windows-specific about them. I'm pretty sure this approach could be
Audiality-friendly, for example.

Interested parties should look in particular at gtkobject.[ch],
gtktypeutils.[ch] and gtkarg.[ch]. Doesn't it look like a plugin API?
:) We need only make a domain-specific sub-class.

What do you think?

Eric