Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] plugin ideas based on Guenter's mix plugin API
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: pe elo    27 1999 - 16:04:51 EDT

est_AT_hyperreal.org writes:
> > It's possible to set these things whenever you like.
> > The plugin programmer can decide which properties can be changed,
> > and which not. That's what the virtual verify function is all about.
>
> Hmm..I'm wondering if there should be a harder distinction between
> properties and parameters re mutability.

 The difference is that properties have to be set for a plugin.
Properties are the way how we can determine if the plugin fits for the
application or not.

Parameters are values that can be changed during plugin operation.
Parameters are values that are implemented by the plugin programmer
and only accessible through get/setparameter.

> > > * The popup method should probably be expanded to a vector of generic
> > > gui methods.
> > >

> > As few as possible, but right, we may need more .....
>
> Maybe config_dialog(), show(), hide() and a gui type string?

 Hide could be done by the plugin itself, show is the same as
 popup.
 I'm not sure what config dialog means, but if its an additional
 dialog this could be started form the plugin's GUI as well.

 I think we should keep any GUI stuff out of the API as good
 as possible.

 Guenter