[linux-audio-dev] Problem with Multitrack

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Problem with Multitrack
From: Eric Brunel (brunel_AT_nortelnetworks.com)
Date: ma syys   13 1999 - 04:55:16 EDT

Hi everybody,

My question may be quite off topic, but does anybody know how to contact
Boris Nagels, writer of the "Multitrack" direct-to-disk recorder? I have
quite a big problem with it (it won't record anything since the
installation of the latest OSS driver), his former email address
(boris_AT_molphys.leidenuniv.nl) does not work anymore, and the Multitrack
home page @
http://rulhmpc38.leidenuniv.nl/private/multitrack/multitrack.html has
been unavailable for more than a week now...

Just in case anybody has a workaround for the problem, I describe it
here: I installed version 3.9 of the OSS commercial driver and since
then, every time I try to record something, Multitrack exits with the
message "Child exited signal recieved". Every other function seems to
work fine, including playback and vu-meter. The version of Multitrack I
use is 2.2, on a RedHat 5.1 commercial distribution, kernel v2.0.35 (I
think...).

Thanks a lot for what you can do.

--
 - Eric Brunel - email brunel_AT_nortelnetworks.com -