out-of-phase (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kwave)

Subject: out-of-phase (was Re: [linux-audio-dev] Kwave)
From: Nicola Bernardini (nicb_AT_axnet.it)
Date: ti syys   14 1999 - 17:03:25 EDT

Today, Dave Phillips mi scrisse cio` che segue:

[snip]
> > Has anyone succeeded to compile GNU software named Out of Phase?
> > It seems to be both wave editor and multitrack sequencer (a la Mix).
> > It is at least in "ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/audio/out-of-phase/".
>
> I looked at it a couple of years ago and got nowhere with it. I've
> downloaded it again and will check it out once more.

You got me curious enough to download the package and try compiling.
I've spent two hours with it, built three makefiles, made a couple
of patches here and there and got to the end of the compile process
(successefully). However, the linking process breaks with tons of
undefined references which I don't know which library they belong
to. They are something like:

undefined reference to `CheckPtrExistence'
undefined reference to `GetFontHeight'
undefined reference to `LengthOfText'
undefined reference to `DrawTextLine'

etc. etc. If anybody can tell to what library these functions
belong then we've got the baby running (*if* such library is
freely available - of course). On the whole it looks like a Mac
application and I'm fairly surprised I got this far.

well, that's how I spend my last half an hour :)

Nicola
Nicola Bernardini
E-mail: nicb_AT_axnet.it

Re graphics: A picture is worth 10K words -- but only those to describe
the picture. Hardly any sets of 10K words can be adequately described
with pictures.