Re: [linux-audio-dev] SVGA Multitrack

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] SVGA Multitrack
From: David Slomin (dgslomin_AT_CS.Princeton.EDU)
Date: ke syys   15 1999 - 13:50:31 EDT

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Unfortunately I am unable to get the SVGA version working properly.
> Specifically, the mouse doesn't respond correctly: when I open
> Multitrack the pointer is in the middle of the screen, but when I move
> the mouse the pointer just jerks towards the upper left corner. It is
> unresponsive, and I have to Control-C to get out of the program. No
> error messages are left on-screen.

That is a symptom that I used to get when trying to use a PS/2 mouse with
a bus mouse driver or vice versa. Make sure that svgalib itself (not just
gpm and xfree86) is set to use the appropriate type of mouse.

No guarantees though; I've never had more than the most fleeting interest
in svgalib.

Div.