Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Plug-in API progress?
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: to syys   23 1999 - 22:33:18 EDT

>(Personally, I don't even think GUI and processing code should be
>allowed to be in the same address space...)

David, we're clearly not on the same planet :)

http://www.custom-consoles.com/

>in a big hard disk recording system, up to 50 ms latency for track insert

my pro studio friends tell me that they *rarely* (if ever) record more
than 16 tracks at once. keep this in mind. playback of, say 64 tracks,
is a breeze compared with recording them, and the verdict from the
users is: "we don't do that".

>drivers, but can anyone tell me how to build a 16-way Celeron 500...? ;-)

Wait 2 years. Buy a single processor :)

--p