[linux-audio-dev] drivers for SEK'D cards wanted/hammerfall price :(

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] drivers for SEK'D cards wanted/hammerfall price :(
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: la syys   25 1999 - 22:00:25 EDT

just back from AES, where i had some interesting discussions with
various manufacturers. more on that some other time. but for right
now, i wanted to alert everyone here that SEK'D want driver writers
for their cards. unfortunately, i don't have a contact address, but
the head of the US branch will probably call me next week, so if you
want to make it simple, just email me. they were very keen to get linux
drivers (at least 2 people had approached them already and asked about
linux), and are quite willing to supply the documentation that was
used by the MacOS driver company. they may need to translate them,
however, if the programmer doesn't speak german :)

they also have the RME Hammerfall in stock, but the price is quite a
bit higher than we were hoping for: $839. they were rather suprised to
hear that Linux almost has a driver for the card.

this is only for SEK'D's own cards, not those they just carry from
RME.

--p