[linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Draft: Audiality article for MusicStation
From: Guenter Geiger (geiger_AT_epy.co.at)
Date: ti loka   05 1999 - 11:54:14 EDT

David Olofson writes:

> Currently, it seems to be evolving into an open design/standardization
> effort, where a plug-in API and a client/server API currently have higher
> priority than the actual implementation. The implementation itself may
> actually end up as a part of some other project.

 ... and thatīs the sentence with most relevance for the Plugin API
 specification. I think we should keep Audiality in mind by designing
 the API, as it stands for one kind of application with very special needs.

 But, yes there are other applications for the API, which are to be
 considered as well ... hmmm ... someone ever thought
 of doing audio processing faster than realtime ?
 Thatīs what most soundeditors are about :) (donīt need to tell you).

 As a last word, we should start to build a basis for the API
 definition by probably writing a kind of RFC, which will be updated
 and reposted each week or two for discussion on audiodev.

 It is interesting who else (especially authors of applications)
 want to take part in the discussion.

 We may write to authors of audio applications, who probably donīt
 read the discussion and ask them what they think about it and
 if the like to take part.

 This way we will see potential problems very fast and can react to
 them.

 Guenter