[linux-audio-dev] Re: ALSA sequencer & PC1600X

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: ALSA sequencer & PC1600X
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: pe loka   08 1999 - 19:22:03 EDT

  [ Peavey PC1600X ]

>Ooooh! I found this on the Peavey site..must have. Any
>recommendations as to where to purchase it? Also, do you know of any
>configuration gotchas like requiring Windows/Mac software for
>configuration? As long as its all midi and documented I'll be happy.

its completely self-contained, completely documented and really,
really nice to work with. it took me 10 minutes to set it up to
substitute for the 16 MIDI-generating knobs on my K5000S, and most of
that was just the gruntwork of using a jog wheel for name entry. i'd
prefer a different font for the logos, but other than that, its great!
my next control surface will be a Mackie HUI, which is about 10x the
cost, and from what i read, the PC1600X will still have a role to
play. Make sure you check out jlcooper.com as well - they also have
some fairly nice MIDI control surfaces. They have a PDF brochure
there. actually, i think that synthzone.com has a whole page on MIDI
controllers - if this stuff interests you make sure to see the I-Cube:
this is, and here my age will show, "da bomb".

--p