Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio apps/authors behind open-plugin-whatever

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] linux audio apps/authors behind open-plugin-whatever
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: ma loka   11 1999 - 02:08:20 EDT

Kai Vehmanen wrote:

> No answer, so let's ask again...
>
> So far:
>
> - Audiality
> - Quasimodo
> - oolaboola (?)
> - ecasound
>
> Other list actives, are you working on some project?
>
> - Paul Winkler

Hi!

I'm not doing anything that's really relevant to the plugin API,
except skimming other peoples' posts on it and trying to understand.
Mostly failing to understand actually.

As for what I am working on: Only the Audio Quality HOWTO and its
imminent re-implementation as a cgi-automated FAQ machine.

And I have recently hacked a little bit of "pysco", which is
the python translation of "pscore", which never did very much
anyway. It's more a learning project for me than anything.

Oh yeah, I'm also trying to write an analog-like compressor in
csound that actually works, since the "dam" opcode seems to sound
bad. So far I have it basically working with analog-style ratio
parameter (e.g. "4" means "4 to 1 compression"). Attack control
works, but the more important Release control does not work yet; but
I think I know how to do it. I haven't done any kind of Threshold
control yet, either. If I get this to work well, I'll happily post
it around ... might make a useful Quasimodule, or someone could
figure out how to translate it into a plugin for the API!

--PW
slinkP arts: music, sound, illustration, design, etc.

zarmzarm_AT_hotmail.com --or-- slinkp AT ulster DOT net
http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/