[linux-audio-dev] Looking for linux sound apps/ csound aps for bundling with Enoch.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Looking for linux sound apps/ csound aps for bundling with Enoch.
From: Dustin Barlow (dbarlow_AT_omnids.com)
Date: ti loka   26 1999 - 09:53:39 EDT

Greetings all,

I have the priviledge of heading up the audio development on a
brand new linux distribution called Enoch. I am very excited
about Enoch and I wanted to share it with you and extend the
opportunity to anyone who wants to get involved.

Enoch is different from other linux distributions in that there
will be multiple versions that are optimized for all the various
processors. Enoch's main goal is to remain streamlined and fast.
Daniel Robbins, the creator of Enoch, is very interested in
making Enoch a digital audio friendly linux environment
that will have a bunch of audio applications and utilities to
help push linux into the main stream of digital audio production.
If you'd like more detailed information about Enoch, go to
http://enoch.masslinux.com or http://www.proteinpak.com

You are also encouraged to stop by on irc at irc.linux.com #enoch
if you have any questions.

What I am interested in is collecting from all of you applications
that you would like to have bundled in this special audio version
of Enoch. We are planning to also include a build of csound as
well so csound related utilities are also needed. All these
apps will be distributed under the GNU/GPL license and the authors
will retain their full rights.

If you would be interested in being a contributor to this
project, please email me at dbarlow_AT_omnids.com and give me a
short explaination of what applications you have written or
plan to write for the linux/X platform. We are looking for
apps for both csound and apps that don't use csound...so
basically if it is sound related, and for linux/X then
let me know.

If anyone is interested in writing sound card drivers for some
of the high end cards not supported by ALSA and OSS, then contact
me as well.

This is a great opportunity to get your application in the
face of linux of users, so please contact me if you are interested!

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Dustin Barlow
dbarlow_AT_omnids.com