[linux-audio-dev] s1 updated & python news

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] s1 updated & python news
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: pe loka   29 1999 - 18:55:49 EDT

There's an updated version of the csound-based-MIDI-sampler s1 at
www.hyperreal.org/~est/csound/s1/s1-0.1.1.tar.gz

Paul Winkler was kind enough to go over s1.py and explain what's going
on in comments! :D

This is far from an application..more example code for python and/or
csound. OTOH, it does make real sounds.

In other python news, I've been having trouble getting my python
MidiIn library to be sluggish under controlled testing. I've spewed
1000 continuous controller events a second at a test program using it
and the processor load was much better than I expected. There's still
got to be a reason why handling such events is disturbingly sluggish
in oolaboola, but it may lie somewhere in gtk/pygtk. Anyhow, it's
some reason to be less pessimistic regarding python than I have been
in the recent past. The MidiIn library should receive independent
release RSN.

Eric