Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux audio questions...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux audio questions...
From: Paul Barton-Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: la loka   30 1999 - 09:40:04 EDT

In message <3819D6D7.C32B8E7D_AT_ulster.net>you write:

>> > fairly restrictive :)
>
>I get the impression you haven't actually used csound much (or at
>all?). I'll take the liberty of commenting a little:

Paul - the attributions here are wrong. It was me who commented that
only using Csound was fairly restrictive, and it wasn't so much a
comment on Csound, but on not the idea of not using any outboard
h/w. I'll let anyone else how much *i* have actually used Csound :)

>Now imagine trying to write a csound instrument with conditional
>tests nested inside other conditional tests. I haven't been brave
>enough to try that yet.

if <condition1> goto second_test
   ... stuff to do when condition1 is false ...
   goto end_tests

second_test:
   if <condition2> goto all_true
      ... stuff to do when condition1 is true and condition2 is false ...
      goto end_tests

all_true:
      ... stuff to do when condition1 is true and condition2 is true ...

end_tests:
      ... proceed ...

there, what could possibly be wrong with that ? :))))