[linux-audio-dev] implementing EQ

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] implementing EQ
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: ke marras 10 1999 - 14:23:03 EST

Hello, All

I was wondering what people like to use to implement EQ. I've used
parallel biquadratic filters..low and high pass on the ends and
band-pass in the middle. It's OK for 3 bands, but I'm thinking that
for more, iterated biquads in the middle might be better.

I guess one handy visual way to test such things would be passing
noise through them and looking at the spectrum. What do people
recommend for spectrum viewing?

Thanks,

Eric