Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newby(t)e

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Newby(t)e
From: Andy Lo A Foe (andy_AT_alsa-project.org)
Date: ke marras 24 1999 - 10:26:31 EST

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Benno Senoner wrote:

> I'm not sure if this semaphore deadlock is really my
> own fault (programming mistake) or a kernel bug ...

In experimental threading code that deadlocks the last place you should
look for bugs is in the kernel. I've had many occasions where I'd just say
that the kernel semaphore implementation is buggy only to find out it was
yet another loophole in my own code. Just a suggestion :)

Andy

--
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/