Re: [linux-audio-dev] math question re. tempo changes

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] math question re. tempo changes
From: est_AT_hyperreal.org
Date: ti joulu  07 1999 - 18:22:02 EST

Eli Brandt discourseth:

> If Paul says this one is doing the right thing for him, great, and
> there was surely something troubling about finding a natural log in
> mine. But I'm confused.

No..you were right. :)

I think I correctly solved the integral you showed..but it didn't
match your commentary or end result.

Here's a rederivation complete with explicit u-substitution:

db/dt = start_tempo + (end_tempo - start_tempo) * b/section_length

k = (end_tempo - start_tempo)/section_length

db/dt = start_tempo + k * b

dt/db = 1/(start_tempo + k * b)

t(b) = integral 1/(start_tempo + k * b) db
     = integral 1/(k * u) du (u = start_tempo + k * b, db = du/k)
     = ln(u)/k
     = ln(start_tempo + k * b)/k