[linux-audio-dev] pysco alpha release - trying again

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] pysco alpha release - trying again
From: Paul Winkler (slinkp_AT_ulster.net)
Date: ti joulu  14 1999 - 05:45:15 EST

Sorry if any (all?) of you have seen this before. It hasn't shown up
in the list traffic on this end, so I'm re-sending it.

OK, after an amazing amount of time fiddling and grumbling, I've
finally decided to release pysco.py, a python module that
replaces my old barely-functional Pscore.pm and does a lot more.
So I've named my current source 0.0.1 and am releasing it today.

get it here:
www.ulster.net/~abigoo/pw_linux/code.html

What it is:
pysco.py is a python module for mucking around with csound scores.

It is undergoing rapid changes and anything you do with it today
is guaranteed to be broken with next week's version. It has just now
reached the stage where I can start to make music with it, which
means I'll be pretty rapidly discovering what's missing, what's
stupid, what needs a total re-design, etc.

It might eventually be extended to work with other kinds of musical
data and output (e.g. direct to midi devices etc.). Or not.

It is basically procedural in style; it might eventually become more
object-oriented. Or not.

Oh yeah, it's (c) 1999 Paul M. Winkler (slinkp_AT_angelfire.com)
and is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Which means this is free software and there is absolutely no
warranty
of any kind.

currently working features:

unlimited separate output time-streams ("tracks")

unlimited simultaneous different tempos (each track can have its
own tempo, including independent accelerandos / ritards) ... thanks
audio-dev people for helping out!

unlimited named "chunks" of events

many functions provide automatic time updating

will eventually provide many tools for automatically choosing
notes from chunks based on arbitrary criteria; so far only selection
by beat value is implemented.

much documentation in the source

--
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.